Sunday, October 10, 2010

El Rastro, 10/3

Every Sunday in Madrid there is a famous open air flea market, El Rastro. I met up with Rachel and Sara and we started out at Plaza Mayor and then made our way all the way down to Puerta de Toledo which is really close to my house.

We started at 10, and already there were tons of people around but it wasn't too crowded. Little booths lined both sides of the street with vendors selling different kinds of clothes, tourist items and all sorts of things. In some areas there was more second hand clothes or just household objects and then there were some places with movies or CDs. Everything was at least a bit cheaper than is found other places, but I ended up not seeing anything that I needed or really wanted so we just walked through. By 11 it was extremely crowded and actually a little difficult to make our way through.


It took us about an hour to get through all of it from one end to the other not stopping that much, but it was still a fun experience and I feel like a good thing for us to have done and experienced while we were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment