For our Spanish class we have to write essays every so often, and then we get them back with markings on them that say what parts are wrong. We then correct our essays, without help from anyone else, and turn them in again for a final grade that is an average of the two papers. The first one was due last week but the corrections were due Tuesday.
Then Wednesday I had to give a presentation in my Spanish class. We take turns to present a newspaper article that we found interested and then start a class discussion off of it. I chose something about some squatters who had been illegally kicked out of a building on the day of the general strike. I spent a lot of time preparing for it, but lets just say that it didn't go as well as it should have.
We also had a 2 page essay on the Rumba Catalana for my flamenco class due on Wednesday. It is a type of music and dance popular in Barcelona that originated with the gypsies and is a mix of flamenco and Cuban-African beats and music. The dance is similar to flamenco but a lot more happy and lively. I was up late on Tuesday preparing for my presentation, so in the two hours between the end of lunch and when I had to leave for class, I wrote my essay. It actually turned out really well especially since there was extremely little information actually available about it.
I was up late again Wednesday night preparing for an exam in my Spanish class on Thursday, but got to sleep in Friday morning so that was good. And I'm pretty sure that I did well on the exam so it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment